Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pregnancy Insomnia

For any man out there who might be interested in knowing what it is like to sleep when you are pregnant:
This is what you need to do one night in steps:

1: Find a 4 pound squirrel (good luck) . Make it really mad and swallow it.
2. Lay down in bed and enjoy the feeling of the squirrel trying to escape through your stomach. You can't lay on your stomach or on your back though.
3. Play a recording of a snoring man next to your year.
4. When the squirrel calms down a little bit and you are getting used to the snoring and you feel like you are finally falling asleep, you feel the need to turn on your other side.
5. After a 2 minute maneuver, lay on your left side, which wakes up the squirrel so she is up again and kicking.
6. Wait until the squirrel calms down again and you are falling asleep.
7. All of a sudden you have to jump out of bed and run to the restroom because your bladder is too small these days.
8. Now you are wide awake and ready to start the process all over again, but mother nature just might throw you a curve ball and you might get a terrible cramp in your leg.

So this was my night last night but I wouldn't change it for the world. In the end I get a sweet baby boy out of it so I will endure!

1 comment:

Ryan,Erika,Kaylee and Khloe Pettersson said...

You just wait until the squirrel is out of that stomach. If you think that you are not getting enough sleep now, just wait sister. I have a squirrel that keeps me up, dog that walks all over me when I'm trying to fall asleep, and a beautiful 2 year old that comes to say hi to me or climbs up to my bed like twice every night. But I LOVE every minute of it and I'm sure you do too. There isn't anything better than that :o)